Joakim Noah to undergo MRI

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, January 17, 2015 with No comments
Chicago Bulls F Joakim Noah is scheduled to undergo an MRI Saturday to reveal the severity of his right high ankle sprain.  The injury occurred during Wednesday's game in Chicago versus the Washington Wizards during the last play of the first half.  He tripped over himself on the play. No one ran into him on a carom.  Noah walked off the court under his own power but did not return for the second half.

Forward Pau Gasol missed him on the court. "We had the lead when he was on the court," Gasol. "We lost the lead when he wasn't on the court. Unfortunately, he couldn't go."

"I’ve had worse ankle injuries," Noah said. "It is what it is. I sprained my ankle. I’ll be out for a little bit. Put my work in and get back to the court as soon as I can. I hope it’s a short absence."

The injury forced Noah out of last evening's contest versus the Boston Celtics and is slated to miss tonight's contest against the Atlanta Hawks.


Categories: ,